Under the general direction of the Board of Commissioners, the GM/CEO plans, directs, and manages the programs, projects, activities, and personnel of Lake Apopka Natural Gas District in Winter Garden, Florida. The applicant must have a vast knowledge of natural gas operations with sufficient knowledge of the most recent version of Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations. The GM/CEO position leads and motivates subordinates to advance employee engagement and develops a high performing leadership team while supervising and controlling the District’s essential strategic and business activities. Lake Apopka Natural Gas District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants may go to our website at www.langd.org to review the complete job description, apply and review benefit information. The pay range for the position is $154,300 - $256,700 and the deadline to apply is Wednesday, 10/4/2023.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and accomplish long and short-range planning for the operation of the Gas District, including consideration of projected customer requirements, projected consumption, known and projected gas supplies, and personnel and equipment requirements.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Instrumentation and automation, mechanical and construction, and pipeline engineering.
- Delegate responsibility for the accomplishment of day-to-day, week-to-week functions of the District to department heads. Exercise technical and managerial control over the utilization of personnel, equipment, and resources in the accomplishment of the objectives and programs of the District. Provide advice and assistance to subordinate managers on operational, financial, and other related matters.
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure the District’s growth and success.
- Direct, plan, and administer all fiscal responsibility for the District. Prepare operating and capital budgets. Evaluate market conditions and determine rates and charges for gas and services supplied to customers. Determine appropriate investments for surplus District funds. Ensure the preparation of monthly and other financial reports. Sign accounts payable checks.
- Meet with and brief the District’s Board of Commissioners on a regular basis. Prepare special reports requested by Commissioners and carry out any and all objectives set by the Board of Commissioners.
- Through department heads, direct the activities of the employees who make up the workforce of the District.
- Represent the District on appropriate national and state gas boards, i.e. FNGA, APGA, etc.
- Lead and motivate subordinates to increase employee engagement and develop a high-performing managerial team.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of industry trends, and standards in changes.
Knowledge, Education and Skill Requirements
Requires a Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Engineering or other related fields of study. Designation of Certified Public Manager is desired with project management experience of at least ten years. A minimum of ten years experience in gas transmission and distribution or related activities and a thorough understanding of natural gas operations is preferred with sufficient knowledge of the most recent version of Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations. Must be thoroughly familiar with the District’s Charter and Bond Resolutions. Must have the ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team which requires tact, diplomacy and good judgment for dealing with customers, employees, and the public.
Other Significant Facts
Bondability: Must be bondable for maximum requirement - bank check signing.
Working conditions: Works inside a normal office environment. Also visits operational and construction sites from time to time and encounters normal hazards associated with the natural gas industry.
Confidentiality: Absolute confidentiality is required in day-to-day work.
Drug/alcohol testing: Employees in this position are subjected to random alcohol and illegal drug testing.
This position description should not be construed to imply that these are the exclusive duties of this position. You may be required to follow any other instructions and to perform other related duties, which may be required by the Board of Commissioners.