Come join our talented Regulatory and Compliance Department within the Operations Division as a Regulatory and Compliance Program Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for managing Colorado Springs Utilities' Regulatory and Compliance monitoring and enforcement programs. These programs are used by Colorado Springs Utilities to monitor, assess, enforce, and document compliance with standards and requirements. You will provide leadership, functional and technical expertise, and work directly on issues related to federal, state, and local regulations, which may include the Public Utilities Commission (PUC), Department of Transportation (DOT), and PHMSA (Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration)
What will you be doing...
- Providing leadership for 49 CFR 192 Compliance Activities
- Providing day-to-day direction, development, implementation, and monitoring of compliance programs in partnership with the senior management of Colorado Springs Utilities
- Providing strategic guidance and oversight for the processes, training, and implementation needed to ensure full compliance with mandatory regulatory standards and requirements
- Acting as Colorado Springs Utilities’ primary compliance contact with Federal, State, and Local Regulatory Agencies, including coordination of compliance reporting to Regulatory Agencies as well as standard development on Colorado Springs Utilities behalf
- Leading the effort to coordinate Colorado Springs Utilities’ participation in industry responses to new and evolving legal and regulatory rulemaking regarding regulatory standards and requirements
- Working in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to plan, coordinate, and assign work; monitoring deadlines; evaluating performances; determining training needs; and providing leadership and guidance
- Providing strategic counsel in order to direct compliance issues through appropriate channels for investigation and resolution
- Developing, initiating, maintaining, and revising policies and procedures for compliance programs and related activities
- Consulting with in-house and retained counsel, as needed, to resolve difficult compliance-related legal issues
- Establishing and monitoring an internal audit program to remain abreast of the status and trends of all compliance activities within the organization
- Instituting and maintaining an effective compliance communication program including a heightened awareness of employee responsibilities, and a thorough understanding of new and existing issues, policies, and procedures
- Monitoring the performance of the compliance program and related activities, ensuring continued process improvements
- Coordinating regulatory matters with Regulatory Agencies
What will it take to be successful in this position...
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Legal Studies, Business, Management, or a related field of study and/or seven or more years of demonstrated leadership experience in the utilities industry is preferred
- Regulatory knowledge of 49 CFR 192 (Gas Compliance)
- In-depth knowledge and expertise to provide consultation of 49 CFR 192 code requirements
- In-depth knowledge of the Gas Utility Industry and Pipeline Safety
Who We are...
- One of the largest four-service public utilities in the nation (over 500,000 customers)
- A national leader in reliability (power on an average of 99.991% of the time)
- Diamond Designation recipient from the American Public Power Association – a utility sector leader in reliability, safety, workforce development, and system improvements
- Located at the base of the Rocky Mountains in the most desired city to live in the United States (U.S. News & World Report, 2022)
Our Commitment to our Employees…
Our people are the heart and soul of Colorado Springs Utilities. They keep the lights on, gas flowing, water coming in, and wastewater leaving. We do not just say people are important – we prove it! That’s why we are honored to invest in protecting the health and financial security of our employees and their families through our rich benefits program.
- Time Off – Because everybody needs time off to recharge
- Vacation – New employees accrue 13 days of paid time off to start, while our more tenured employees accrue 24 days per year
- Personal Leave –3 days per year of personal leave
- Paid Holidays –10 paid holidays per year
- Sick Leave – Accrue 12 days of sick leave annually for those days when you or a family member is feeling under the weather
- Vacation Buy – Purchase up to 40 hours of additional vacation time
- Pension Plan – Looking forward to a comfortable lifestyle once you’re done working? The Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA) provides you with retirement benefits and peace of mind when you retire
- Medical – Select from three comprehensive medical plans, starting at $10.00 a month. Employees also enjoy access to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness Program – Voluntary wellness program that allows you and your spouse to each earn up to $500 to use towards healthcare expenses, $100 in Visa gift cards, and up to $400 in gym membership reimbursements
- Dental – Select from two dental plans, with in-network PPO preventive care covered at 100% and access to orthodontia coverage
- Vision – Voluntary plan that covers full vision care services and discounts on LASIK eye surgery
- Retirement Saving Programs – Supplement your pension plan with voluntary retirement programs such as the PERAPlus 401(k) and MissionSquare’s Roth IRA and 457 plans
- Disability Coverage – Short-term (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance available for purchase
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Makes the going a little easier by aiding with mental health, stress management, work-life balance, financial and legal matters, and much more
- Long-Term Care Insurance (LTC) – Whether it's due to an accident or a serious illness, LTC insurance is available for purchase to help you and your loved ones
- Life Insurance – Company-paid life insurance and supplemental coverage available
- Tuition Reimbursement – Employees are eligible to receive up to $5,250 annually for Tuition Reimbursement
- Qualifying Public Service Employer – Payments made towards student loans may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Curious about joining our team? Learn more at https://coloradospringsutilities.jobs/jobs/
- All positions will be posted for a minimum of 5 calendar days.
- Starting pay will be determined within the posted pay range based on the experience, education, and training of the successful candidate; if there is a single pay rate posted, the job starts at that rate.
- Colorado Springs Utilities does not sponsor work visas of any kind (including but not limited to F-1, H-1B, or TN visas). Eligible applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Colorado Springs Utilities is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Our differences make us richer. Learning and growing from one another makes us more than what we were. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our business and recognize the limitless benefits of this commitment. Our desire is to have the organization reflect the diversity of the Pikes Peak Region. As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, it is our commitment that no person shall be unlawfully discriminated against because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, religious convictions, veteran status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Affirmative Action is Colorado Springs Utilities’ effort to ensure positive steps are taken to have a representative workforce reflective of the relevant available labor force.
For more information regarding applicant rights, visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Accessibility Accommodations. If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 719-668-7500. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
E-Verify and Right to Work Notice. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Colorado Springs Utilities participates in E-Verify. For more information on your rights and responsibilities as an applicant, please visit: http://coloradospringsutilities.jobs/applicants-rights-and-responsibilities/. If you have a legal right to work in the United States, there are laws to protect you against discrimination in the workplace. You should know that no employer can deny you a job or fire you because of your national origin. Unless mandated by law or government contract, employers cannot require you to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or refuse any legally acceptable documents. If any of these things have happened to you, you may have a valid charge of discrimination that can be filed with the OSC. Contact the OSC for assistance in your own language. Call 1-800-255-7688. TDD for the hearing impaired is 1-800-237-2515. In the Washington, D.C., area, please call 202-616-5594, TDD 202-616-5525 Or write to: U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel NYA 950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20530.
Have a question? If you have a question about a position or need assistance from a recruiter, email us at email@example.com or call 719-668-7500.