Posting Dates: 3/3/2023- 3/24/2023
Department: Gas Systems Engineering
Classification: Program Technician
Work Location: 4505 Middlebrook Pike
Work Hours: 40+ hours / week: M-F
Annual Rate: $51,200.00- $100,000.00
Technical training program coordinator for natural gas operator qualifications. Job duties include assessing training needs; mapping out development plans for teams and individuals; designing, developing, coordinating, and/or conducting classroom sessions and hands-on training events for construction, operations, maintenance, meters and/or engineering departments for small and large groups. Other job functions include develop technical procedures; perform field audits and investigations; using an IT system to track qualifications and performance; schedule and track training program implementation; report progress to various levels within the company. Position requirements: 50% field and 50% office. Effective communication skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships. Ability to interact professionally with others in various contexts and purposes.
Sedentary work; exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time in normal office conditions, but does involve walking or standing outside periodically for inspections, customer calls, etc. Physical demands for a specific position within this classification may vary and / or exceed those demands described above.
● Associate degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering Technology or a related field OR Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in Construction Management, Training Coordination, Project Management, Quality Assurance or related field
● Must be proficient in Windows environment and MS Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
● Have experience with construction, operational areas, and/or project management
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy, problem solving skills and demonstrated track record of issue resolution
● Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
● Have and maintain a valid driver's license
● Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering Technology or a related field OR Ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in Construction Management, Training Coordination, Project Management, Quality Assurance or related field
● Knowledge of construction methods and job site safety
● Experience in public utilities or corporate qualification program
● Strong analytical skills
About the Selection Process:
Phase 1 – Apply online at www.kub.org
Phase 2 – Experience, training, and education evaluation
Phase 3 – Interview with department representatives
Phase 4 – Written, performance, and behavioral exercises
Phase 5 – Background Investigation
Phase 6 – Physical assessment and/or drug screen
- Generous health benefits with low premiums and deductibles
- Benefits start day 1
- Competitive 401(k) contribution and match
- PTO available for use after your first payday
- 11 paid holidays
- Free financial advising
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Employee physical & mental wellness programs
- KUB employees get 8 hours of volunteer time to give back in the community. More than 18,000 hours have been used at nonprofit organizations since 2014.
- KUB, its customers, and its partners have weatherized more than 1,800 low-income households providing a root cause solution to high energy consumption.
- KUB offers free educational sessions to community groups throughout the year, including electric line safety demonstrations and energy & water savings workshops.
- KUB’s TeenWork Program partners with local high schools to provide students with job readiness training and a summer internship experience.
- By 2024, solar-generated electricity will supply 20% of KUB’s load, positioning Knoxville as a leader in renewable energy regionally and nationally.
- KUB is constructing Knoxville’s first Community Solar project. The solar array is set to go online in 2022.
- KUB offers customers a variety of ways to support a greener future, including its Green Switch Match program and electric vehicle charger incentives.
If special accommodations are needed at any phase of the selection process, please notify Human Resources in advance.
Knoxville Utilities Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer