Full Description & Application: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/richmond/jobs/3835290/scada-specialist?keywords=scada&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Salary $53,268.80 - $79,872.00 Annually
Department Public Utilities
The City of Richmond Department of Public Utilities – Richmond Gas Works is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the SCADA Specialist position. The selected candidate will plan, design, develop, test, deploy and maintain programs and process control equipment as found within the Natural Gas Distribution System and the Gas Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) System. The candidate will also perform field calibrations, troubleshooting and repairing of various support devices within the Natural Gas Gate Stations, the Regulator Vaults and individual Pressure Sites. Additional duties include maintaining standards and testing pressures gauges, voltage meters Infrared Guns and other devices
As part of your professional development with Richmond Gas Works, the Utility offers an internal training program supplemented by Vendor specific training for individual possessing an AE, AS, AT, AES, AET, AIT, APE or higher degrees. This program will be extended to applicants with a minimum of five years in industrial automation software development/Process Control.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Participates in the design/development and implementation of the Natural Gas SCADA System, includes Bristol Babcock and Emerson ControlWave Process Controllers, Automation ONSPEC Human Machine Interface (HMI) Software, EZTouch Graphic Panel Software; Local/Remote Networking of Process Controllers and PCs; AC/DC electrical troubleshooting; Independent Project Oversight, and database maintenance
- Recommends and assists with the implementation of goals, protocols, and standards for the design, security, and reliability of the Gas SCADA System
- Administers various software programs related to the Gas SCADA System. This includes the management of all DPC’s, RTU’s, PAC’s, PLC’s and HMI programs, as well as revisions and backup strategies
- Serves as technical lead for Gas SCADA improvements. Reviews current and proposed regulations and coordinates network modifications with Capital Improvement Projects
- Serves as a lead for security, maintenance, repair, and improvement to the controls and communications systems for the Natural Gas SCADA System
- Installs, configures, and modifies hardware and software to achieve increased efficiency, productivity, gas transport safety and improved work processes
- Recommends and provides oversight on contracts for hardware/software upgrades and predictive maintenance for the SCADA System
- Install and routinely calibrate flow, pressure, temperature and other devices within the Gas Distribution System
- Offers training to Gas Controllers and others as required
The selected candidate must be able to work, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Incumbents serves as an Essential employee, which means that the incumbent is required to work when the City is closed due to public emergencies, critical or hazardous conditions, or inclement weather.
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Considerable knowledge of Process Control Equipment, low voltage systems, Distributed Process Controllers (DPCs), Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), touch screen panels, industrial networks and a basic understanding of Title 49 CFR 192.741. Demonstrated skills of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, technical writing, effective oral and written communication. Demonstrated the ability to read and interpret schematics, disassemble complex information for others, work with a variety of individuals such as other employees, vendors, suppliers and customers.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Engineering Technology, Computer Science or Computer Networking supplemented by three (3) years of process control experience with an emphasis in SCADA technology or 10 years work experience developing and maintaining a SCADA System as found in a Gas or Water Distribution System; or any equivalent combination of experience
LICENSING, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PREFERRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a valid Driver's License or a valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License within 30 days of hire.
- Experience Developing/Servicing a Gas SCADA System or equivalent
- Completion of software development classes for Process Controllers
- Completion of software development classes for HMIs
- Ability to communicate and present information using written reports, group presentations and effective public speaking skills
- Ability to direct, coordinate and provide input related to the evaluation of the work of others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access);
- Work experience developing/maintaining a Distributed SCADA System (3+ years)
- Ability to analyze complex problems and make critical decisions under time constraints
- Working knowledge of IEC 61131-3 programming standard