Field Engineer Support Coordinator – Gas
Pay Range: $43.00 to $45.00
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado Springs Utilities is a four-service utility that has been providing our community with reliable and affordably priced electricity, natural gas, water, and wastewater services for 100 years. Our city consistently ranks as one of the most desirable places to live in America due to our high quality of life, access to parks and recreation, and diverse opportunities inherit in our community and top-rated schools.
As a Field Engineer Support Coordinator, you will be the first point of contact for our customers (residential, commercial, and developers) for natural gas services; responsible for reviewing drawings for land/subdivision development, discussing existing layouts, and working with individual homeowners and commercial customers making modifications to gas services. In this role, you will be responsible for projects ranging in scope from large land development projects designing utility infrastructure, relocating gas infrastructure requested from the City of Colorado Springs or the Colorado Department of Transportation, review individual residential customer service changes or meter relocations. Serving as a subject matter expert for customers during the design phase you will be working in one of the most plugged-in groups in the company!
How you will make an impact:
- Prepare construction drawings (AutoCAD) and materials specifications; ensures that construction materials meet specifications
- Review drawings for land/subdivision development, discuss existing layouts, and work with individual homeowners and commercial customers
- This work ranges in scope from large land development projects to reviewing individual residential customer service changes
- Serve as a subject matter expert for customers during the design and construction phase, you will review contracts, understand, and interpret tariffs, and costs, prepare time and material estimates, and review and design projects using AutoCAD and other engineering applications
- Analyze existing and proposed systems to assist in decision-making processes; generate creative solutions; offer new ideas and concepts that may impact efficiency and reduce costs
- Coordinate with various departments, customers, and regulatory agencies
- Work with various departments (gas & electric planning, maintenance, energy construction, QC inspectors, etc.)
- Take pictures and document information obtained as you perform pre-and post-construction site visits
- During inclement weather, be involved in storm patrols to assist in coordinating efforts to investigate the nature of the outages
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering from an accredited institution, or 7 years of engineering-related experience (gas utility is preferred)
- Associate of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering from an accredited institution and 5 years of engineering-related experience (gas utility is preferred)
- Familiarity with the principals of AutoCAD
- We are most interested in your demonstrated experience and accomplishments in the areas noted above in the role description; please be sure to highlight these in your application and/or resume.
The military job codes/duty codes most closely related to this role are 120A, 12A, 51S, 881A 32E1, 32E2, 32E3, 32E4, 32EX 5311, 5904, 5310, 122, 5960, 8004, 144 1301, 1302, 1310, 2070, 6004, 6005, 9620, 9622, 9624, 9626, 9630, 9631, 9632
Our Commitment to our Employees
Our people are the heart and soul of Colorado Springs Utilities. They keep the lights on, gas flowing, water coming in, and wastewater leaving. We do not just say people are important – we prove it! That’s why we are honored to invest in protecting the health and financial security of our employees and their families through our rich benefits program.
- Time Off – Because everybody needs time off to recharge
- Vacation – New employees accrue 13 days of paid time off to start, while our more tenured employees accrue 24 days per year
- Personal Leave –3 days per year of personal leave
- Paid Holidays –10 paid holidays per year
- Sick Leave – Accrue 12 days of sick leave annually for those days when you or a family member is feeling under the weather
- Vacation Buy – Purchase up to 40 hours of additional vacation time
- Pension Plan – Looking forward to a comfortable lifestyle once you’re done working? The Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA) provides you with retirement benefits and peace of mind when you retire
- Medical – Select from three comprehensive medical plans, starting at $5.00 a month. Employees also enjoy access to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness Program – Voluntary wellness program that allows you and your spouse to each earn up to $500 to use towards healthcare expenses, $100 in Visa gift cards, and up to $400 in gym membership reimbursements
- Dental – Select from two dental plans, with in-network PPO preventive care covered at 100% and access to orthodontia coverage
- Vision – Voluntary plan that covers full vision care services and discounts on LASIK eye surgery
- Retirement Saving Programs – Supplement your pension plan with voluntary retirement programs such as the PERAPlus 401(k) and MissionSquare’s Roth IRA and 457 plans.
- Disability Coverage – Short-Term (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance available for purchase
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Makes the going a little easier by aiding with mental health, stress management, work-life balance, financial and legal matters, and much more
- Long-Term Care Insurance (LTC) – Whether it's due to an accident or a serious illness, LTC insurance is available for purchase to help you and your loved ones
- Life Insurance – Company-paid life insurance and supplemental coverage available
Curious about joining our team? Learn more at https://coloradospringsutilities.jobs/jobs/
- All positions will be posted for a minimum of 5 calendar days.
- Starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education, and training of the successful candidate.
- Colorado Springs Utilities does not sponsor work visas of any kind (including but not limited to F-1, H-1B, or TN visas). Eligible applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Colorado Springs Utilities is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Our differences make us richer. Learning and growing from one another makes us more than what we were. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our business and recognize the limitless benefits of this commitment. Our desire is to have the organization reflect the diversity of the Pikes Peak Region. As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, it is our commitment that no person shall be unlawfully discriminated against because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, religious convictions, veteran status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Affirmative Action is Colorado Springs Utilities’ effort to ensure positive steps are taken to have a representative workforce reflective of the relevant available labor force.
For more information regarding applicant rights, visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Accessibility Accommodations. If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling 719-668-7500. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
E-Verify and Right to Work Notice. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Colorado Springs Utilities participates in E-Verify. For more information on your rights and responsibilities as an applicant, please visit: http://coloradospringsutilities.jobs/applicants-rights-and-responsibilities/. If you have a legal right to work in the United States, there are laws to protect you against discrimination in the workplace. You should know that no employer can deny you a job or fire you because of your national origin. Unless mandated by law or government contract, employers cannot require you to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or refuse any legally acceptable documents. If any of these things have happened to you, you may have a valid charge of discrimination that can be filed with the OSC. Contact the OSC for assistance in your own language. Call 1-800-255-7688. TDD for the hearing impaired is 1-800-237-2515. In the Washington, D.C., area, please call 202-616-5594, TDD 202-616-5525 Or write to: U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel NYA 950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20530.
Have a question? If you have a question about a position or need assistance from a recruiter, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-668-7500.
Job Type: Engineering/Engineering Support