ContinuousAPPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.myclearwater.comPOSITION DESCRIPTION:
TARGET ENTRY SALARY $113,685 - $147,791 DOQ
Under the direction of the City Manager’s Office, the Executive Director of Gas is responsible for leading the gas department and maintaining a management framework that supports the City’s strategic direction in a sustainable manner.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Functions: -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Providing expectations, leadership, and guidance to all direct reports.
• Maintaining a departmental strategic plan which is consistent with the strategic direction of the city.
• Coordinating with other members of the Senior Executive Team to ensure that departmental operations and strategies are consistent with the City's strategic direction, charter, policies and procedures, and ordinances.
• Coordinates with external stakeholders to support operations and long-term strategies
• Participation in the long and short-term strategic planning both at the departmental and city levels.
• Maintaining a culture of accountability within the department.
• Ensures that reports, documents, and presentations before City Council and advisory boards are accurate and appropriate.
• Management of a departmental administrative framework that is consistent with and supportive of citywide administrative activities including but not limited to preparation of annual budget, personnel matters, and the keeping of public records.
• Defines, evaluates, and communicates project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
• Prioritizes and schedules work assignments for assigned staff; manages the recruitment, hiring, and termination of all department staff; provides performance evaluations, feedback, and possible discipline.
• Orchestrates plans to grow and expand business and improve general performance; forecasts growth and determines projected path to reach goals.
• Tracks and monitors key indicators of operating performance; summarizes and communicates information to Senior City Management; sets goals with the approval of Assistant City Manager and tracks performance; generates consistent and growing annual transfer payments to the City.
• Participates in various Industry Associations to learn and share best practices and policies; remains up to date on current trends and industry standards; implements changes and determines ways to make CGS more profitable.
• Develops and determines gas rates and recovery clause; provides annual rate planning, monthly rate adjustment, tracking of recovery, and financial return tracking; makes educated and skilled recommendations for appropriate rates.
• Must work the schedule necessary to meet the requirements of the position.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Licenses, Certifications, and Equipment:
A valid State driver’s license is required.
This position is required to operate the below equipment, machines, tools, and other work aides: Fax, copier, phone, radio, personal computer, and other equipment as assigned.Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering, or related field AND eight (8) years of progressively responsible managerial experience in the field of gas supply, distribution, marketing, program/systems management and strategic planning, including four (4) years of experience in managing a comprehensive gas system operation; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered. Master’s Degree is preferred.SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: Click here
The City of Clearwater is Equal Opportunity Employer
Position #2022-00226 EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF GAS SYSTEM CR
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.myclearwater.com
100 South Myrtle Avenue Clearwater, FL 33756 727-562-4870 x0