This is a full-time, exempt position.
Easton Utilities offers an excellent compensation and benefits package.
If you are interested and qualified, please submit an application at: https://eastonutilities.com/employment-opportunities/
Easton Utilities, situated in Easton, MD on Maryland’s beautiful Eastern Shore, is seeking a Gas Manager to provide leadership while overseeing all aspects of Easton Utilities Natural Gas Department including regulatory compliance, gas supply, construction, maintenance, operations, safety, and training. An effective Gas Manager will ensure the efficient use of available assets to maximize productivity.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field with extensive experience in natural gas distribution infrastructure.
- Possess NACE Corrosion Technician Certification within 3 years
- Possess GTI’s RGDP Certification within 2 years.
- Possess strong communication skills necessary to supervise other employees and to train and facilitate all aspects of company safety.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products and various software applications.
- Requires interaction with members of other Easton Utilities departments as required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Core Values of Easton Utilities
INTEGRITY –Operating with uncompromised values
COMMITMENT – Unwavering dedication to our customers, our employees, our community, and our environment
EXCELLENCE- An obvious distinction in all we do
BUSINESS/FINANCIAL ACUMEN – applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance Easton Utilities goals and the ability to recognize opportunities for new services and products
INITIATIVE - Takes prompt action to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives.
MANAGEMENT EXCELLENCE – Maximizing organizational effectiveness and sustainability with action, people, and financial management.
CUSTOMER FOCUS – The ability and willingness to find out what the customer wants or needs and to act accordingly. Dedicated to meeting external and internal customer needs.
SAFETY ORIENTED – Knows and supports Easton Utilities safety programs and policies
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Communicates Effectively
- Conflict Management/ Resolution
GAS DEPARTMENT MANAGER MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure Gas Department employees are productive and efficient in their responsibilities through effective training and development, timely, constructive evaluations, proper delegation, and follow-up.
- Communicate regularly with supervisors ensuring department tasks and assignments are completed as assigned.
- Develop Capital and Operating Forecasts. Plan major projects working with all stakeholders from concept through construction and startup. Ensure projects comply with all associated federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Ensure all costs and expenses incurred are prudent and necessary for effective operations of the department.
- Responsible for gas supply management and procurement. Is an active participant of ERMOC. Includes the bidding of supply and the operation of the ProAir Peak Shaving Plant
- Responsible for Gas Department month-end reporting and gas invoice reconciliation
- Responsible for the safe and reliable distribution of natural gas throughout Easton Utilities service territory.
- Monitors applicable FERC filings and takes appropriate action. Keeps executive leadership informed.
- Ensure that detailed records are maintained to complete annual state and federal reports.
- Participates as a member of MdGOAC and APGA committees. Responsible to stay abreast of all regulations affecting municipal natural gas operations including the implementation of all required rules and requirements
- Responsible for PHMSA and Md PSC pipeline compliance.
- Enhance Easton Utilities’ service and productivity by keeping Executive Leadership informed of all significant problems and concerns relating to these job responsibilities as well as broader issues that may arise.
- Regular, reliable attendance is a requirement of this job