The City of Mesa is a great place to work! In addition to competitive salaries, the City also has a generous amount of other benefits available. For more information, please see our website: http://mesaaz.gov/benefits/
Energy Resources Compliance Specialist
($61,347.92 - $88,566.40 Annually)
An Energy Resources Compliance Specialist is an entry-level classification that learns to plan, develop, and train the Energy Resources Department employees regarding Operator Qualification (gas and electric), Electrical Apprenticeship Program, and all regulatory requirements. This classification works closely with the Energy Resources Compliance Coordinator in developing, coordinating, and participating in specialized, technical, and general utilities (gas and electric) training and development.
Duties include learning to:
· Conduct needs analyses
· Develop training programs and modules
· Create hands-on simulations
· Create training presentations
· Revise and update training modules as changes are made to the Code of Federal Regulations Part 192, Operations and Maintenance Manual, Emergency Plan Review, or other changes to policies and procedures
· Facilitate individual and group training
The incumbent develops, coordinates, evaluates, and delivers training to Utilities employees, Customer Service employees, and contractors performing covered tasks (example: operator qualification, fusion and welding certification, professional development hours, etc.).
Additional duties include learning to:
· Perform on-site inspections related to Abnormal Operating Conditions and taking necessary steps with the homeowner, business, or City staff to resolve the outstanding issues
· Facilitate meetings
· Act as an advisor and review or consult on training
· Review new tools, programs, equipment, and safety gear, etc.
· Participate in special events, public presentations, and other educational events
· This class performs related duties as required
Incumbents, at first, work closely with the Energy Resources Compliance Coordinator. As time progresses they must carry out assignments without detailed instruction or guidance and provide assistance to the Arizona Corporation Commission during the annual audit for the Gas Department. This class is supervised by the Energy Resources Compliance Coordinator who reviews work through conferences, observations, customer feedback, reports, and overall results achieved.
This class is FLSA exempt-administrative.
Employee Values: All employees of the City of Mesa are expected to uphold and exhibit the City's shared employee values of Knowledge, Respect, and Integrity.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
· Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Business Management, Organizational Management, or related field.
· Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to a minimum of five years of full-time work experience in the construction, maintenance and/or repair of underground gas utility lines or transmission and distribution electrical utilities.
· At least one year of personal computer (PC) experience (example: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc.).
Substance Abuse Testing: Due to the safety and/or security-sensitive nature of this classification, individuals shall be subject to pre-employment or pre-placement alcohol, drug and/or controlled substance testing as outlined in City policy and procedures.
· Must possess a valid Class D Arizona Driver's License by hire date.
· Knowledge of natural gas, electric, water, and wastewater utilities is highly desirable.
· Knowledge or experience developing, coordinating, delivering, and evaluating training programs.
Please refer to the link below for the full job description and additional information regarding assignments, preferred qualifications, and essential functions.
City of Mesa offers a competitive benefits package. A CITY OF MESA ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For complete job description, requirements and online application form, please visit our web site at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mesaaz
City of Mesa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.