Your APGA membership allows you to advertise your system's job openings. Your listing can also be placed in APGA's bi-weekly Public Gas News publication which goes out in printed and electronic copies to our members. The APGA member price for posting a job advertisement in Public Gas News is $100.00 for 100 words or less and 25 cents for each additional word. APGA does not allow non-members to post job advertisements in APGA publications effective March 2015. To view print rates & policies please click here. To post a job, please contact APGA Communications Manager John Powers at email@example.com or 202 464 2742.
Note to Employers: When submitting a job ad, applicant is required to give their contact information including name, company, phone, fax and e-mail address and agrees to have their information stored in our database. All job listings must comply with federal guidelines and standards and all companies must be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Listings will be removed within 30 days after application deadline.
CEO - American Public Gas Association
The American Public Gas Association (APGA) is the only not-for-profit trade organization representing America's publicly-owned natural gas utilities. APGA represents the interests of public gas before Congress, federal agencies and other energy-related stakeholders by developing regulatory and legislative policies that further the goals of our members. In addition, APGA organizes meetings, seminars, and workshops with a specific goal to improve the reliability, operational efficiency, and regulatory environment in which public gas systems operate.
APGA’s mission is to be an advocate for municipally owned natural gas distribution systems, and educate and communicate with APGA members to promote safety, awareness, performance and competitiveness. Through APGA, public gas utilities work together to stay reliably informed about new developments in safety, public policy, operations, technology, and the marketplace that could affect the communities and consumers they serve.
APGA is looking for an energetic and inspiring leader to be our President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who understands the “big picture” about our energy industry in a variety of settings. The ideal candidate (1) possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, (2) has a business mindset capable of driving the association towards greater success through creative and effective execution of board approved strategies, policies, and programs, and most importantly (3) can demonstrate an ability to lead and motivate a highly qualified staff who are this association’s most important and valuable resources.
The APGA CEO position requires office time at 201 Massachusetts Ave. NE, Suite C-4 Washington, DC 20002, and extensive travel time.
If you feel that you meet the qualifications and wish to be considered for this position, please submit a resume with your qualifications and salary requirements to: CEO.Search@apga.org by Monday, April 15, 2019.
Corrosion Tech II - Huntsville, AL
Huntsville Utilities offers a customer service driven environment, with access to industry-leading technology that supports our employee's work and resources to drive career advancement. Join Us at Huntsville Utilities, where our team is customer service-driven and uniquely focused on one goal: To provide high quality, low cost, safe and reliable electric, natural gas and water service to our customers.
Salary Range/Grade: $23.27/Hr. Grade 12
Benefits: Yes - See Benefits Web Page
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Gas Operations
Responsible for troubleshooting any potential interferences within the cathodic protection system. Installs and repairs corrosion control equipment and material to ensure adequate levels of cathodic protection are being maintained. Directs Corrosion Tech I & Corrosion Assistant in maintaining and monitoring gas system while minimizing customer inconvenience and maximizing the safety of employees and the public. Responsible for collecting, recording and maintaining cathodic protection records as mandated by the U.S. Department of Transportation Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration Office of Pipeline Safety.
- Plans, schedules, direct, inspects and monitor the work of the Corrosion Control Assistant and Corrosion Technician I.
- Coordinates and directs activities of construction and/or contract crews that install and monitor cathodic protection systems.
- Maintains vehicles, equipment and tools.
- Provide training for the Corrosion Control Assistant to ensure compliance with DOT Part192.
- Instructs Gas Apprenticeship classes on corrosion control, as needed.
- Makes recommendations to Corrosion Supervisor regarding replacement or abandonment of pipe in the system based on maintenance history and condition as determined by field-testing and inspections.
- Recommends and assists with the installation of flange or pipe insulators to isolate sections of pipe protected by rectifier or anode systems.
- Utilizes electronic devices and technical skills to locate underground electrical shorts in the cathodic protection system.
- Troubleshoots and maintains rectifier and galvanic anode systems.
- Installs sacrificial anodes on unprotected or inadequately protected pipelines.
- Gathers and interprets technical information including obtaining rectifier and test station readings.
- Assists with design and installation of cathodic protection system improvements.
- Assists DOT personnel during onsite audits and makes records available for inspection.
- Prepares monthly activity report.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Training/Certifications: High School graduate or equivalent; Cathodic Protection 1 Certification from National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) or equivalent training preferred or ability to obtain certification/training within 6 months required.
Experience/Skills: Minimum of 2 years in the cathodic protection field is required.
Equipment: Voltmeter, amp meter, resistivity meter, cathodic protection devices, pipeline locators. Utilize computer to access mapping applications (such as GT Viewer), performs data entry and writes reports in MS Word & Excel), calculator.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions: Regular exposure to all types of weather. Some sedentary activity in office environment.
Other: Must be able to communicate effectively, orally or in writing. Must have good interpersonal skills. Current driver’s license, ability to obtain Class A CDL within one year of hire date, and a clean driving record. Subject to “on-call” duty.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Testing and Troubleshooting
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Managing Time
- Following Policies and Procedures
Huntsville Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For more information and to apply online, please visit this web site.
Utilities Manager - Los Alamos County, NM
Los Alamos County is seeking a Utilities Manager to oversee our publicly owned, not-for-profit Department of Public Utilities. We have provided our community with electric, natural gas, water and wastewater services for more than 40 years.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- Ten years’ experience in Utility or Public Works administration, legislative support, fiscal analysis, management analysis, personnel administration or other related field.
- Three years of management and supervisory experience required across all years of job related experience.
- Must be a US citizen and must be able to obtain a non-cleared Department of Energy (DOE) badge for access to Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Must successfully complete mandatory drug screening and subsequent random drug and alcohol screenings.
- Must establish and maintain residency in Los Alamos County within ninety days of employment.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- Experience in a broad range of utilities functions such as administration electrical production and distribution, gas distribution, water production, wastewater and engineering.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with ability to obtain a New Mexico driver’s license within 30 days of employment.
- Experience with public outreach.
Situated at the base of the Jemez Mountains in beautiful northern New Mexico, the city of Los Alamos is a community of about 18,000 people. Our community has a worldwide reputation for its scientific and technological research and development. Recreational opportunities are nearly unlimited. Los Alamos is home to Pajarito Mountain Ski Area, the Larry R. Walkup Aquatic Center, an 18-hole golf course, an outdoor refrigerated ice skating rink, numerous hiking and bike trails, and many organized sports leagues and events. We are located within a short drive from the Bandelier National Monument, the Valles Caldera National Preserve and the Jemez Mountain Recreation Area. Cultural activities abound with concerts, art fairs and exhibits, lectures, dance performances and theater events scheduled throughout the year. Additionally, we are located near the culturally rich communities of Taos and Santa Fe. Further our community offers over 100 active social and service organizations that citizens participates in. Additional information about our community can be found at www.visit.losalamos.com.
County application and cover letter required. Cover letters or resumes will not be used to qualify applicants. Please apply online or call 505-662-8040 for more information.Deadline to apply is April 19, 2019.
Los Alamos County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in employment or the provisions of service.
LOS ALAMOS COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Natural Gas Engineer - Lancaster County, SC
Contiguous to Charlotte NC, Lancaster County is one of the fastest growing counties in South Carolina. LCNGA has experienced 4+% customer growth each of the last 8 years. We are a growing natural gas utility with a stable workforce, excellent benefits, and a customer-service and safety-oriented culture. LCNGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Engineer will work with and Supervise our construction, GIS/Mapping and Operations personnel. They will be responsible for the Engineering and Design of Pipeline Projects including System Modeling, System Improvements, and Compliance with 49 Code of Federal Regulations and all pertinent South Carolina State Regulations. Our Engineer will prepare Department budgets for Maintenance and Capital Expenses and report to our General Manager. All employees are subject to Pre-employment Drug Screening and Random Drug Testing.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering from a 4-year ABET accredited College or University
- General Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, ESRI Mapping Systems, Computer-Aided Drawing programs and System Modeling Software
- Prior Working Knowledge of Natural Gas Distribution Systems
- Proven performance of Teamwork in both Office and Field
- Ability to obtain a SC driver’s license within 6 months
- Pass background investigation
- P E Certification or EIT with ability to obtain SC PE
- Strong Teamwork, Written and Oral Communications Skills
- 5 Years Experience in Engineering, Operations, Planning and Design of Natural Gas Systems
- 5 Years progressive Experience in Team Supervision and Leadership Training
- Thorough Knowledge of 49 CFR Parts 191 and 192
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Posted 3/18/2019 - Position closes 5/1/2019)
Senior Gas Planning and Design Engineer - Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado Springs Utilities cultivates a work culture dedicated to innovation, collaboration, and synergy. Our employees know they make a difference every day by providing critical services to the public while living and working in a city consistently rated as one of the best in the United States. We utilize today’s talent to build a better tomorrow. Be part of history by creating energy solutions for a cleaner, greener tomorrow.
Colorado Springs Utilities is actively seeking a talented individual offering expertise in the area of natural gas distribution planning and design engineering to join our team. The Senior Gas Planning and Design Engineer will be part of a highly skilled professional team in the Gas Planning & Design group, reporting to the Gas Planning & Design Managing Engineer. This team is comprised of engineers responsible for providing engineering, planning, and design services for Colorado Springs Utilities natural gas distribution infrastructure comprised of more than 5,000 miles of gas mains and services for over 185,000 customers.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and promoting compliance with Part 192. Projects may include, but not be limited to, MAOP validation, updating the Design and Engineering Manual, and supporting DIMP initiatives (e.g. risk modeling and programs of work).
- Performing analysis on the natural gas distribution system utilizing Synergi Gas modeling software and updating system Pressure Control Guidelines.
- Utilizing the Synergi code environment for custom applications and processes.
- Developing system master distribution planning.
- Reviewing new construction and main renewal designs, including development of construction sequence and tie in procedures. Evaluating elevated pressure requests and sizing excess flow valves.
- Reviewing main as builts and service cards for accuracy and consistency following established construction standards.
- Planning, identifying, budgeting, designing, & managing projects for system reinforcements.
- Performing system analysis for operational needs.
- Designing for large commercial and industrial meter sets and regulator stations.
- Supporting Colorado Springs Utilities' gas initiatives related to system supply, standards, and compliance (e.g., reviewing and updating Operations and Maintenance manual documents).
- Providing support for future projects and studies including the development and review of business cases, alternative solutions, cost estimation and risk analysis
Why should you apply? A variety of projects will provide new experiences from year to year as this position will be involved in many projects from start to finish. As an integral member of the natural gas distribution engineering team, this position provides an opportunity to advance your professional career as you demonstrate your expertise within our organization. You will have the opportunity to work with a very dedicated team of your expertise within our organization. You will have the opportunity to work with a very dedicated team of professionals who are passionate in their service to our community. And, we offer a work environment where work-life balance is realized.
What will it take to be successful in this position? A Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering is required for this position (typically Mechanical, Chemical, Petroleum or Civil). Additionally, the ideal candidate will offer seven or more years of post-graduation experience within the natural gas industry or directly relevant field and have the ability to perform complex analysis, planning and design functions using modeling applications (e.g., Synergi Gas). A Professional Engineering (PE) license is preferable. A valid Driver's License is required.
*Please note that if selected for this position you will be subject to pre-employment drug screening, as well as be a part of the gas pipeline random screening pool moving forward.
What a career at Colorado Springs Utilities can offer you…
- As a community-owned enterprise for over 100 years, we offer the stability of providing a required service and commodity for our community.
- We are a diverse team of professionals who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community through new and innovative technologies.
- We understand employees have competing priorities. That is why we have created an environment which embraces teamwork and flexibility.
Join a diverse team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community and tap into the power of your potential!
For more information and to apply online, please visit our web site.
Did You Know?
The APGA job bank is one of our most-visited pages, reaching over 700 gas professionals per month. Posting a job here guarantees a lot of high quality views. Posting jobs here is free for APGA members, please contact John Powers to post your listing.