General Manager, Grey Forest Utilities, Helotes, Tx
OPENING DATE: September 15, 2022
CLOSING DATE: March 15, 2023
Resumes can be filed:
Mr. Jeff English
Grey Forest Utilities
P.O. Box 258
Helotes, Texas 78023
Or Via Email:
TARGET ENTRY SALARY $100,000 - $150,000 DOQ
Under the direction of the CEO and the Grey Forest Utilities Board of Trustees, the General Manager is responsible for leading the Utility and maintaining a management framework that supports the strategic direction of the Utility in a conservative and sustainable manner.
Grey Forest Utilities serves more than 17,500 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Bexar and Kendall Counties, Texas. The utility utilizes state of the art digital mapping resources and metering technology in serving our customer base. The utility has approximately 30 full-time employees and we are located in a high growth area with sustained growth expected into the future.
The general manager participates in the Utility retirement program and receives health benefits.
The position is open due to the planned retirement of the current General Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing expectations, leadership, and guidance to all direct reports.
- Maintaining the strategic plan for the Utility which is based on and consistent with the strategic direction of the Board of Trustees.
- Coordinating with other members of the Utility’s Senior Executive Team to ensure that each departments operations and strategies are consistent with the Trustees strategic direction, charter, policies and procedures, and ordinances of the City of Grey Forest, Texas.
- Coordinating with external stakeholders to support operations and long-term strategies
- Participating in the long and short-term strategic planning both at the Utility and City levels.
- Maintaining a culture of accountability within the Utility.
- Ensuring that reports, documents, and presentations before the Board of Trustees and the Grey Forest City Council are accurate and appropriate.
- Managing a Utility wide administrative framework that is consistent with and supportive of administrative activities including but not limited to supporting operational requirements, customer focused service, Utility staffing and personnel matters, preparation of annual budget, and the keeping of public records.
- Defining, evaluating, and communicating project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and customers.
- Prioritizing and scheduling work assignments for Utility staff in conjunction with the department leads; managing the recruitment, hiring, and termination of all Utility staff; providing effective performance evaluations, feedback, and possible discipline.
- Orchestrating plans to grow and expand business and improve general performance; forecasts growth and determining projected path to reach goals.
- Tracking and monitoring key indicators of operating performance; summarizing and communicating information to the Board of Trustees; setting goals with the approval of CEO & Board of Trustees and tracking performance; generating consistent and growing annual transfer payments to the City of Grey Forest, Tx.
- Participating in various Industry Associations to learn and share best practices and policies; remaining up to date on current trends and industry standards; implementing changes and determining ways to make Grey Forest Utilities more
- Developing and determining gas rates and recovery clause; providing annual rate planning, monthly rate adjustment, tracking of recovery, and financial return tracking; making educated and skilled recommendations for appropriate rates.
- Must work the schedule necessary to meet the requirements of the position.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the CEO & Board of Trustees.
Licenses, Certifications, and Equipment:
A valid State driver’s license is required.
This position is required to operate machines, tools, and other work aides including but not limited to Fax, copier, phone, radios, personal computer, various office related and business-related software and other equipment as required.
- Random drug testing.
- Clearance of a background check.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering, or related field AND at least ten (10) years of progressively responsible managerial experience in the field of gas supply, distribution, marketing, program/systems management, and strategic planning, including five (5) years of experience in managing a comprehensive gas system operation; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered. Master’s Degree is preferred.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: https://www.gfugas.com/about-us/
Grey Forest Utilities is Equal Opportunity Employer