Erin Kurilla joined APGA as the Director for Operations & Safety in the fall of 2017, and was promoted to Vice President in August 2018. Erin works closely with APGA's Adviser Emeritus on pipeline safety advocacy issues and addressing member operations challenges. She supports the APGA Operations Committee and its Safety and Education subcommittees.
Erin came from the American Gas Association where she served as a Director, Operations & Engineering Services. In that role Erin was AGA's lead on pipeline safety advocacy. She worked closely with AGA's members, federal and state regulators and other stakeholders to improve the safety and reliability of the nation's pipeline infrastructure through sound regulations.
Erin holds a Bachelor's of Science in Chemical Engineering from the University of Pittsburgh and a Masters of Business Administration from Carnegie Mellon University.
Erin works on the following issues and topics for APGA:
- APGA Operations & Safety Committee
- APGA Operations Conference
- Pipeline Safety Reauthorization
- Pipeline and Hazardous Material Administration (PHMSA)
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- State Pipeline Safety Regulators/National Association of Pipeline Safety Regulators (NAPSR)
- Pipeline Safety & Operations Compliance
- Pipeline Safety Management Systems
- Distribution Pipeline Design, Construction, Operations, Maintenance & Integrity Management
- Transmission Pipeline Design, Construction, Operations, Maintenance & Integrity Management
- Public Awareness
- Damage Prevention
- Operator Qualification
- System Operational Achievement Recognition (SOAR)
- Benchmarkingo Gas Overall Awareness Level (GOAL)
- Member Statistics
- Liaison to State & Regional Gas Associations
You can reach Erin at email@example.com