Chris Anderson was appointed City Administrator by Mayor Cal Lepp in November 2002. He had previous experience as the Assistant City Administrator in Aurora, Nebraska, City Administrator in Stanton, Nebraska and City Administrator in Ashland, Nebraska. Chris has a Bachelors Degree from UNL and a Masters in Public Administration from UNO.
Chris is active in the International City/County Management Association and served a 3 year term on the ICMA Board of Directors from 2010-2013. He has served on numerous committees and has attained the Credentialed Manager designation.
Chris has served as President of the Nebraska City/County Management Association and the Board of Directors of the League of Nebraska Municipalities.
His ongoing activities includes:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors - National Public Gas Agency
- Board of Directors, American Public Gas Association
- Board of Directors of the Nebraska Municipal Power Pool
- Board of the Merrick Fitness Center.
- NPPD Power Resources Advisory Board
- Nebraska Information Technology Commission Community Council.
Chris and his wife Machelle have 3 children who enjoy the good life Central City offers.